Please Join Our Support Group
By Joan M. Blake
As parents of special-need children/adults, we face continual life-issues which do not go away. What do we do? Where do we go from here?
1. We should pray and find solutions to our problems.
2. We should continue doing exciting things for God
3. We should reach out to others who are going through similar challenges
- We should pray and find solutions to our problems. Before finding solutions to our problems, we must face our challenges with love and patience. We must remember that these children/adults are ours, and that God gave them to us. We must pray and put our situations in God’s hands. At best, we should find solutions to the various problems we face, by considering the severity of the issues our children/adults face and by determining what we need to do to help them. Do we need to consider in-home care, and if so, for how many hours during the day? Should we consider a day program or other alternatives if available, so that we could have time to attend work or have time during the day?
- We should continue doing exciting things for God in addition to praying and trusting Him. Do you have a prayer partner? Do you know people who need prayer? Do you call others during the week to encourage them? As caretakers, we get so busy with our own issues, that we forget that people need people
- We should reach out to others who are going through similar challenges. When we do so, we operate as a team; we gain ideas from one another; we get encouraged and feel better about ourselves. Please join me as we purpose to become a support group of encouragement.